There's more than one way to save.
Rebates are available for qualified installations of energy-efficient equipment for your home. With one exception (smart thermostats), we require that a licensed contractor complete the installation.
How to apply
- Read the terms and conditions to determine whether you’re eligible for a rebate.
- Locate the rebate(s) you’re applying for in and be sure to review the qualification information (certain rebates require specific electric and/or natural gas annual usage to qualify – see below). We recommend calling Avista Rebates at (509) 495-4728 to pre-qualify.
- Select a licensed and bonded contractor. Equipment is required to be installed by a licensed contractor. The only exception is smart thermostats - these may be self-installed. Avista works with third-party industry associations—like the Northwest HVAC/R Association—to provide referrals for qualified individuals and businesses. Use our online referral tool to find the right contractor for you. We recommend that you obtain several bids for comparison.
- Ask your contractor to include the following on your final invoice:
- Equipment installed
- Model number
- Required efficiency information. Submitted invoice must reflect the energy efficiency of the equipment, include AHRI certificate, or include other efficiency documentation (e.g. equipment or window specification sheets, insulation or Energy Star manufactured home certifications).
- Rebate-qualifying equipment must be installed in your home by November 29, 2019.
- Submit all rebate applications, final contractor invoices (bids and estimates are not accepted), and any supporting documentation (such as the receipt for a self-installed smart thermostat) within 90 days from the date of installation or by November 29, whichever comes first.
How to submit
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Fax: (509) 777-5784
- Mail: Avista Rebates
PO Box 3727, MSC-15
Natural gas conversion eligibility update
- The minimum electric usage requirement to qualify for natural gas conversion rebates is 10,000 kilowatt-hours a year.
- This change is effective immediately. Customers can call the Avista rebates team to verify their annual usage is greater than 10,000 kilowatt-hours a year and to receive pre-qualification for a natural gas conversion rebate.
- Customers who had previously contacted Avista and were approved for program participation before February 28th will still be eligible to receive the natural gas conversion rebate.
Call (509) 495-4728 to see if your project pre-qualifies. You must meet the following energy use requirements:
- For space heat conversions: Required to have Avista electric service and annual energy usage must demonstrate at least 10,000 kilowatt-hours of electric straight heat and less than 340 therms of natural gas use. No new construction or replacement of same type of existing equipment.
- For insulation and windows: Existing home replacement only (no new construction). Annual home energy usage must demonstrate at least 8,000 kilowatt-hours electric heat or at least 340 therms of natural gas heat.
No prequalification needed for natural gas furnaces and boilers, hot water heaters, and smart thermostats. However, make sure your equipment meets or exceeds the energy efficiency requirements specified for the appropriate rebate.
Avista recently completed our annual evaluation of energy savings, market costs and other considerations associated with our Residential and Commercial programs. This analysis resulted in some new measure offerings as well as changes to incentive amounts. The new incentive forms will be made available online prior to January 1, 2019 when the changes go into effect. For incentive amounts that are decreasing, measure must be installed and operating; an Avista agreement form, final invoices and other required documentation must be submitted and postmarked to Avista no later than January 31, 2019. Any applications submitted after January 31, 2019 will receive the revised 2019 offerings, if applicable.
Requirements for insulation and windows: Existing home replacement only (no new construction). Annual home energy usage must demonstrate at least 8,000 kilowatt-hours electric heat or at least 340 therms of natural gas heat. Must be contractor installed.
|Weatherization||Incentive||Eligibility and Guidelines|
High efficiency equipment rebates
Efficiencies for space and water heating equipment are verified according to the contractor invoice or Air-Conditioning, Heating, and Refrigeration Institute (AHRI).
|High Efficiency Equipment||Incentive||Eligibility and Guidelines|
|Natural Gas Furnace/Boiler||$300||
|Variable Speed Motor||$80||
|Natural Gas Furnace/Boiler + (Electric) Variable Speed Motor||$380||
|Electric Heat Pump Water Heater (0-54 gal of 1.8 EF or greater)||$215||
|Natural Gas Tankless Water Heater||$215||
|Natural Gas Water Heater||$60||
Heat conversion rebates
Requirements for space heat conversions: Required to have Avista electric service and annual energy usage must demonstrate at least 10,000 kilowatt-hours of electric straight heat and less than 340 therms of natural gas use. No new construction or replacement of same type of existing equipment Must be contractor installed.
|Heat Conversion Rebates||Incentive||Eligibility and Guidelines|
|Electric to Ductless Heat Pump (9.0 HSPF or greater)||$500||
|Electric Central Ducted Forced Air Furnace to Air Source Heat Pump||$700||
|Electric to Natural Gas Furnace||$1,200||
|Electric to natural gas furnace and water heat combo
*Customer usage will be reviewed and must demonstrate that at least 10,000 kilowatt-hours of electric straight resistance heat and less than 340 therms occurred in the last 12 months in order to be eligible for rebates related to space heat conversions.
Smart thermostat rebates
|Smart thermostat rebates||Incentive||Eligibility and Guidelines|
|Smart Thermostat Contractor Install||$75||
|Smart Thermostat Self Install||$60||
|Multifamily rebates||Incentive||Eligibility and Guidelines|
|Multifamily Natural Gas Furnace or Boiler
|Multifamily Conversion from Electric to Natural Gas Furnace
|Multifamily Conversion from Electric to Natural Gas Furnace and Water Heat combo||$700||
|Download Multifamily rebates form.|
Customers usage will be verified as part of the rebate process, if you would like Avista to pre-approve annual usage please call us at (800) 227-9187, or email email@example.com.
Here's what you should know before you apply.
- Primary fuel used for space heating must be Avista electric or natural gas service to qualify.
- Request for rebates must be submitted within 90 days of completion of energy efficiency measure.
- The rebates are available for primary residential single family up to a fourplex, including manufactured and modular homes.
- Rebates are not available for seasonal or recreational homes or condos.
- Only new equipment qualifies.
- All improvements must be contractor installed to be eligible for rebate consideration.
- Homeowners are responsible for complying with all applicable codes and regulations.
- Avista reserves the right to verify installation of the energy efficiency measure(s) prior to payment and will coordinate inspection as applicable.
- Avista, and its agents, may upon reasonable notice, request access to customer’s premises after payment, for evaluation and measurement purposes.
- Rebates will not exceed 100% of the actual measure cost.
- Rebates are paid directly to homeowner or homeowner can authorize payment release to contractors.
- Allow 8 weeks for processing and payment of rebate.
Available for new construction homes using Avista electric or Avista electric and natural gas that meet the ENERGY STAR Homes criteria and are verified as an ENERGY STAR Home. Download the form.
|Energy Star rated manufactured home rebates||Incentive||Eligibility and Guidelines|
|Electric or Electric/Gas Customer
|Gas Only Customer