Mobile app, text, and alerts
Download the Avista mobile app
The Avista mobile app is now available in iTunes and Google Play stores. Please visit the app store on your mobile phone and search for Avista.
The mobile app offers the ability to:
- View real-time account balances, due dates and balance details
- Access bill and payment history
- Make immediate or scheduled payments
- Download bills for the last 12 months
- Enable push notifications for billing alerts and/or outage events
- View and report outages
Using your mobile device, click the button below to download our mobile app through iTunes or Google Play store.
Prefer to communicate by text?
With Avista’s text alerts program, you can report an electric outage, make a payment, receive payment reminders, and more - anywhere, anytime using your mobile device. Start by signing up for text alerts online or by texting REG to AVISTA (284782). Once registered, you can do the following over text:
- Add additional subscriptions to your alerts program: SUB
- Report an electric power outage: OUT
- Check power restoration status for an electric outage: STAT
- Find out your current account balance: BAL
- Make a payment using text: PAY
- Temporarily stop receiving alerts for 24 hours: PAUSE
- Resume receiving paused alerts: RESUME
- Cancel alerts: STOP
- Get help with alerts: HELP
Sign up for alerts
Avista currently offers email and text alert programs for:
- Electric outages - Receive alerts when your power goes out, outage updates, and when your power is restored.
- Billing information – Get notified when you have a new statement, your payment is due, and your payment is past due.
- Budget exceeded - Receive an alert when new charges on your monthly bill are projected to exceed the dollar amount you have set.
The simplest way to sign up for alerts is to sign in to your online account and go to Alert Preferences. Here, you can choose the alerts you want to receive, if you want to receive them by email or text, and who should receive them.
For more information, read the alert program FAQ.