Water Flow Information
Water conditions as of Monday, May 17, 2021. Please be aware that water conditions can change drastically any time depending upon weather and dam operations.
Coeur d'Alene Lake
The elevation of Coeur d'Alene Lake this morning is 2127.23 which is about 9 inches below maximum summer elevation. We expect the level of the lake to increase over the next week. Avista has started closing some gates at Post Falls dam and will fill to near summer level. The elevation of the lake may fluctuate depending upon the level of rainfall and snow melt.
Spokane River between Coeur d'Alene Lake and the Post Falls Bridge
The following information is concerning water levels between Coeur d'Alene Lake and the Post Falls bridge. The present water level at the bridge is 2126.03. The level of the water below the bridge will fluctuate depending upon inflows into the lake.
Spokane River below Post Falls
The flow in the Spokane River below Post Falls this morning is about 7410 cfs, of which about 3900 cfs is flowing in the South Channel and about 3510 cfs is flowing in the North Channel. The flow in the North Channel is expected to stay about the same over the next couple of days and then increase over the next week. The flow in the Spokane River at Spokane this morning is about 7430 cfs. The flows in the river are expected to stay about the same for a couple days and then increase some over the next week.
Lake Spokane at the Long Lake Dam
The elevation of Lake Spokane at the Long Lake dam is 1535.7, which is normal summer level. We will continue to maintain Lake Spokane at summer level.
It is important to remember that water levels could change drastically due to a variety of factors such as weather or equipment problems at the Post Falls dam. So stay alert to signs of such changes and always exercise the highest level of personal caution when using the waterways. If you need any additional information, feel free to call (509) 495-4283.
Need more information? Check:
- Coeur d’Alene Lake Elevation
- Spokane River Flow at Spokane
- Spokane River Flow at Post Falls
- Spokane River Below 9 Mile Dam
- Lake Spokane Elevation
- Long Lake 3 Hour Inflow
- Little Falls Discharge
- Lake Roosevelt - Current month or last month
- Forecasted streamflows
- Current temperature map for USA
- National Weather Service (NWS) weather forecasts for Spokane
- Washington State Storm Reports and Storm Forecasts
- SNOTEL Basin Report
- NOAA Northwest River Forecast Center
- SNOTEL Current Snow Water Level Percent of Normal
- Washington State weather forecast
- Washington Highway Pass Reports
- Seattle Office of the National Weather Service
- Spokane Office of the National Weather Service
- Idaho Office of the National Weather Service