Water Flow Information
Water conditions as of Friday, March 5, 2021. Please be aware that water conditions can change drastically any time depending upon weather and dam operations.
Coeur d'Alene Lake
The elevation of Coeur d'Alene Lake this morning is 2122.31 which is about 5 feet 8 inches below maximum summer elevation. We expect the level of the lake to increase over the next week. Lake Coeur d’Alene is now at its natural level and the elevation will fluctuate depending upon how much inflow there is into the lake.
Spokane River between Coeur d'Alene Lake and the Post Falls Bridge
The following information is concerning water levels between Coeur d'Alene Lake and the Post Falls bridge. The present water level at the bridge is 2119.69. The level of the water above the bridge will stay about the same over the next week.
Spokane River below Post Falls
The flow in the Spokane River below Post Falls this morning is about 3660 cfs, of which about 500 cfs is flowing in the South Channel and about 3160 cfs is flowing in the North Channel. Avista will be performing maintenance at our Post Falls Dam for the next couple of months. Therefore, the flow in the South Channel will be less than normal. The flow in the North Channel is expected to increase over the next week. The flow in the Spokane River at Spokane this morning is about 4070 cfs. The flows in the river are expected to increase over the next week.
Lake Spokane at the Long Lake Dam
The elevation of Lake Spokane at the Long Lake dam is 1522.66, which is about 13 feet 4 inches below normal maximum summer elevation. The lake will stay at 13 - 14 feet below summer level this next week.
It is important to remember that water levels could change drastically due to a variety of factors such as weather or equipment problems at the Post Falls dam. So stay alert to signs of such changes and always exercise the highest level of personal caution when using the waterways. If you need any additional information, feel free to call (509) 495-4283.
Need more information? Check:
- Coeur d’Alene Lake Elevation
- Spokane River Flow at Spokane
- Spokane River Flow at Post Falls
- Spokane River Below 9 Mile Dam
- Lake Spokane Elevation
- Long Lake 3 Hour Inflow
- Little Falls Discharge
- Lake Roosevelt - Current month or last month
- Forecasted streamflows
- Current temperature map for USA
- National Weather Service (NWS) weather forecasts for Spokane
- Washington State Storm Reports and Storm Forecasts
- SNOTEL Basin Report
- NOAA Northwest River Forecast Center
- SNOTEL Current Snow Water Level Percent of Normal
- Washington State weather forecast
- Washington Highway Pass Reports
- Seattle Office of the National Weather Service
- Spokane Office of the National Weather Service
- Idaho Office of the National Weather Service