Water Flow Information
Water conditions as of Friday, January 17, 2020. Please be aware that water conditions can change drastically any time depending upon weather and dam operations.
Coeur d'Alene Lake
The elevation of Coeur d'Alene Lake this morning is 2122.94. We expect the elevation of CDA Lake to decrease over the next week.
Spokane River between Coeur d'Alene Lake and the Post Falls Bridge
The following information is concerning water levels between Coeur d'Alene Lake and the Post Falls bridge. The present water level at the bridge is 2121.61. We expect the level of the water above the dam to decrease over the next week.
Spokane River below Post Falls
The flow in the Spokane River below Post Falls this morning is about 3800 cfs, of which about 2250 cfs is flowing in the South Channel and about 1550 cfs is flowing in the North Channel. The flow in the Spokane River at Spokane this morning is about 4120 cfs. Over the next week we expect flows in the river to remain about the same into next week.
Lake Spokane at the Long Lake Dam
The elevation of Lake Spokane at the Long Lake dam is 1532.3. We expect the elevation of Lake Spokane to decrease over the next week as we continue our annual drawdown. We will draw down the level about half foot to one foot per day until we lower the elevation 13 – 14 feet below full pool.
It is important to remember that water levels could change drastically due to a variety of factors such as weather or equipment problems at the Post Falls dam. So stay alert to signs of such changes and always exercise the highest level of personal caution when using the waterways. If you need any additional information, feel free to call (509) 495-4283.
Need more information? Check:
- Coeur d’Alene Lake Elevation
- Spokane River Flow at Spokane
- Spokane River Flow at Post Falls
- Spokane River Below 9 Mile Dam
- Lake Spokane Elevation
- Long Lake 3 Hour Inflow
- Little Falls Discharge
- Lake Roosevelt - Current month or last month
- Forecasted streamflows
- Current temperature map for USA
- National Weather Service (NWS) weather forecasts for Spokane
- Washington State Storm Reports and Storm Forecasts
- SNOTEL Basin Report
- NOAA Northwest River Forecast Center
- SNOTEL Current Snow Water Level Percent of Normal
- Washington State weather forecast
- Washington Highway Pass Reports
- Seattle Office of the National Weather Service
- Spokane Office of the National Weather Service
- Idaho Office of the National Weather Service