Find an HVAC contractor
Locate an expert in Washington, Idaho or Oregon.
Efficient ventilation, heating, air conditioning and refrigeration can make a huge difference in your energy bill, but they're also a big investment. So when you're ready to find a solution for your household, don't pick the first person you find. Know what questions to ask to ensure your contractor is capable and as committed to energy efficiency as you are.*
8 questions to ask
- Are you licensed, bonded, and insured?
- How long have you been in business? (At least 5 years is recommended).
- Do you provide 24-hour service?
- Do you provide free service or equipment replacement bids?
- Do you guarantee your work or provide any warranties?
- What are the warranties from the equipment manufacturer?
- Do you have any references I could call?
- Will you separate the equipment and labor portions of your bid?
*The selection, purchase, and installation of any equipment and dealer or contractor is solely the customer’s responsibility. Avista is not responsible or liable for work performed or the charges associated with such work. Avista recommends that you follow the Better Business Bureau guidelines of obtaining at least three (3) bids from qualified service personnel.
Start your search now
Avista works with the Northwest HVAC/R Association to provide referrals for qualified equipment contractors.