Washington - Rate Requests
- Schedule 92 – Low Income Rate Assistance Filing Electric (April 2, 2020)
- Schedule 192 – Low Income Rate Assistance Filing Natural Gas (April 2, 2020)
- Schedule 98 – Renewable Energy Credit Filing (March 26, 2020)
- Schedule 51 – Line Extension Filing (March 9, 2019)
- Schedule 80 - AMI Opt-Out Filing
- Schedule 180 - AMI Opt-Out Filing
On March 25, the Washington Utilities and Transportation Commission (WUTC) made its final decision on a general rate case that Avista filed in April 2019. The Commission’s decision approved new electric and natural gas rates, and it also approved $51 million in refunds to customers. These refunds ensure our customers will receive the money the Commission has determined should go back to customers through rates, which includes the $8.4 million as a result of the remand of the 2015 general rate case.
The new approved rates and the refunds will be a part of monthly customer bills over time. The Commission determined that the refunds will be in your rates rather than a one-time payment. As a result of the approved new rates and all of the refunds, Washington customers will see a limited change in their rates beginning April 1, 2020. The electric rate increase is offset by the refunds, and the natural gas increase would result in a billed increase of $1.56 per month for a customer using an average of 66 therms per month. The actual amount on bills may change based on energy usage.