Windows - contractor install required
- Windows - $4.00 per sq. ft. – available for window U-Factor .29 or lower
- Storm windows - $3.00 per sq. ft. – Storm windows (interior/exterior) must be new, the same size as existing window, not in direct contact with existing window, and exterior windows, low e-coating must be facing the interior of the home. Glazing material emissivity must be less than 0.22 with a solar transmittance greater than 0.55.
Do I qualify?
- Homeowners are responsible for complying with all applicable codes and regulations.
- Rebates are paid directly to homeowner or homeowner can authorize payment release to contractors.
- Allow up to 8 weeks for processing and payment of rebate.
- Existing homes only.
- For single family up to fourplex, annual usage must be over 8,000 kilowatt-hours of electric or 340 therms of natural gas heat.
- Multifamily or small home: there is no minimum usage required but must use Avista natural gas or electric as primary source of heating residence.
- Request for rebates must be submitted within 90 days of completion of energy efficiency measure.
- The rebates are available for primary residence.
- Rebates are not available for seasonal or recreational homes or condos.
- Avista reserves the right to verify installation of the energy efficiency measure(s) prior to payment and will coordinate inspection as applicable.
- Avista, and its agents, may upon reasonable notice, request access to customer’s premises after payment, for evaluation and measurement purposes.
- Rebates will not exceed 100% of the actual measure cost.
- Licensed contractor must provide new window documentation to include an itemized invoice with the following: total window square footage, u-factor, ratings and cost.
- Only windows qualify.
- All improvements must be contractor installed to be eligible for rebate consideration. Use our online referral tool to find the right contractor for you. We recommend that you obtain several bids for comparison.
- Windows are defined by glass and frame.