Insulation - contractor install required
- Attic insulation - $0.75 per sq. ft. – available if existing insulation level is R-11 or less, new insulation value R-49
- Wall insulation - $0.75 per sq. ft. – available if existing insulation level is R-0, new insulation value R-11+
- Floor insulation - $.075 per sq. ft. – available if existing insulation level is R-0, new insulation value R-19+
Do I qualify?
- Homeowners are responsible for complying with all applicable codes and regulations.
- Rebates are paid directly to homeowner or homeowner can authorize payment release to contractors.
- Allow up to 8 weeks for processing and payment of rebate.
- Existing homes only.
- For residential insulation rebates, annual usage must be over 8,000 kilowatt-hours of electric or 340 therms of natural gas heat.
- Multifamily or small home there is no minimum usage required but must use Avista natural gas or electric as primary source of heating residence.
- Request for rebates must be submitted within 90 days of completion of energy efficiency measure.
- The rebates are available for primary residential single family up to a fourplex, including manufactured and modular homes.
- Rebates are not available for seasonal or recreational homes or condos.
- Avista reserves the right to verify installation of the energy efficiency measure(s) prior to payment and will coordinate inspection as applicable.
- Avista, and its agents, may upon reasonable notice, request access to customer’s premises after payment, for evaluation and measurement purposes.
- Rebates will not exceed 100% of the actual measure cost.
- Contractor must certify existing and new levels of insulation and invoice must be itemized with the following: square footage, pre and post R-value ratings, and cost.
- Only new equipment qualifies.
- Insulation must be installed only where such cavities separate conditioned from unconditioned areas of the residence (livable spaces).
- All improvements must be contractor installed to be eligible for rebate consideration.