Water Flow Information
Water conditions as of Friday, December 14, 2018. Please be aware that water conditions can change drastically any time depending upon weather and dam operations.
Coeur d'Alene Lake
The elevation of Coeur d'Alene Lake this morning is 2122.64, which is about 5 feet 4 inches below normal maximum summer elevation. We expect the elevation of CDA Lake to decrease over the next week. The slow, fall drawdown of CDA Lake is in progress. By the end of December, we expect the lake elevation to be at about 2122.0, or about 6 feet below summer maximum elevation.
Spokane River between Coeur d'Alene Lake and the Post Falls Bridge
The following information is concerning water levels between Coeur d'Alene Lake and the Post Falls bridge. The present water level at the bridge is 2121.2. We expect the level of the water above the dam to decrease slowly over the next week.
Spokane River below Post Falls
The flow in the Spokane River below Post Falls this morning is about 3240 cfs, all of which is flowing in the South Channel. The flow in the Spokane River at Spokane this morning is about 3810 cfs. We expect flows in the river to stay about the same over the next week.
Lake Spokane at the Long Lake Dam
The elevation of Lake Spokane at the Long Lake dam is 1535.25 which is at normal level. We expect the elevation of Lake Spokane to stay near this level until January 1 when we will start the drawdown of Lake Spokane.
It is important to remember that water levels could change drastically due to a variety of factors such as weather or equipment problems at the Post Falls dam. So stay alert to signs of such changes and always exercise the highest level of personal caution when using the waterways. If you need any additional information, feel free to call (509) 495-4283.
Need more information? Check:
- Coeur d’Alene Lake Elevation
- Spokane River Flow at Spokane
- Spokane River Flow at Post Falls
- Spokane River Below 9 Mile Dam
- Long Lake Elevation
- Long Lake 3 Hour Inflow
- Little Falls Discharge
- Lake Roosevelt - Current month or last month
- Forecasted streamflows
- Current temperature map for USA
- National Weather Service (NWS) weather forecasts for Spokane
- Washington State Storm Reports and Storm Forecasts
- SNOTEL Basin Report
- NOAA Northwest River Forecast Center
- SNOTEL Current Snow Water Level Percent of Normal
- Washington State weather forecast
- Washington Highway Pass Reports
- Seattle Office of the National Weather Service
- Spokane Office of the National Weather Service
- Idaho Office of the National Weather Service