At Avista, we’ve carefully considered how our business intersects with the environment for decades. We believe that all of us play a role in addressing climate change and that being good stewards of our shared resources is a collective effort. We will work together with our customers, communities and regulators toward a lower carbon future while keeping our system reliable and considering the economic impact to our customers.
As an energy provider, Avista is committed to addressing the challenging issue of climate, and to a lower carbon future in ways that make technological, environmental and economic sense. Our efforts include:
- Integrating renewables as part of our commitment to clean energy and the overall efforts to reduce carbon emissions without asking customers to compromise on reliability or cost.
- Engaging in and influencing climate policies that promote environmental stewardship while considering the economic realities of our customers.
- Driving innovation and technologic advancements which increase energy efficiency or reduce emissions.
- Leading with energy efficiency and conservation, and promoting these for our customers and our own system.
Avista will continue to operate our business with sustainable practices that protect our shared natural resources and environment.
Avista worked with Edison Electric Institute, American Gas Association and other utilities to develop a template for reporting certain sustainability information relevant for our industry. The developed framework is one way Avista captures sustainability data, and it aligns with the company’s approach to sharing information about the utility that’s important to our stakeholders.
Avista’s reporting on this information supports the company’s overall commitment to environmental stewardship and clean energy.
View the most recent reports based on this framework:
- Gas Company ESG/Sustainability Quantitative Information (PDF)
- Electric Company ESG/Sustainability Quantitative Information (PDF)
We invite you to learn more about our commitment to environmental stewardship through: