Water Heating - contractor install required
- 1.8 UEF or higher efficiency electric heat pump water heater - $215
- 0.82 UEF or higher efficiency natural gas tankless water heater - $400
- 0.65 UEF or higher efficiency natural gas ≤ 55-gallon water heater - $100
Do I qualify?
- Homeowners are responsible for complying with all applicable codes and regulations.
- Rebates are paid directly to homeowner or homeowner can authorize payment release to contractors.
- Allow 8 weeks for processing and payment of rebate.
- New construction and existing homes.
- Primary fuel used for water heating must be Avista electric or natural gas service to qualify.
- Request for rebates must be submitted within 90 days of completion of energy efficiency measure.
- The residential rebates are available for primary residential single family up to a fourplex, including manufactured and modular homes.
- The multifamily and small home rebates are available for windows, insulation and baseboard thermometers.
- Rebates are not available for seasonal or recreational homes or condos.
- Avista reserves the right to verify installation of the energy efficiency measure(s) prior to payment and will coordinate inspection as applicable.
- Avista, and its agents, may upon reasonable notice, request access to customer’s premises after payment, for evaluation and measurement purposes.
- Rebates will not exceed 100% of the actual measure cost.
- Only new equipment qualifies.
- All improvements must be contractor installed to be eligible for rebate consideration.
- Efficiencies for water heating equipment are verified according to the contractor invoice or Air-Conditioning, Heating, and Refrigeration Institute (AHRI).