Idaho Energy Efficient Window Rebates - Contractor Install Required
- Windows - $4.00 per sq. ft. – available for window U-Factor .29 or lower
- Storm windows - $3.00 per sq. ft. – Storm windows (interior/exterior) must be new, the same size as existing window, not in direct contact with existing window, and exterior windows, low e-coating must be facing the interior of the home. Glazing material emissivity must be less than 0.22 with a solar transmittance greater than 0.55.
Do I qualify?
- Homeowners are responsible for complying with all applicable codes and regulations.
- Rebates are paid directly to homeowner or homeowner can authorize payment release to contractors.
- Credit: Allow up to 7 days for processing and payment of rebate, Check: Allow up to 4-6 weeks for processing and payment of rebate.
- Existing homes only.
- Annual usage must be over 8,000 kilowatt-hours of electric or 340 therms of natural gas heat.
- Request for rebates must be submitted within 90 days of completion of energy efficiency measure.
- The rebates are available for primary residential single family up to a fourplex, including manufactured and modular homes.
- Rebates are not available for seasonal or recreational homes or condos.
- Avista reserves the right to verify installation of the energy efficiency measure(s) prior to payment and will coordinate inspection as applicable.
- Avista, and its agents, may upon reasonable notice, request access to customer’s premises after payment, for evaluation and measurement purposes.
- Rebates will not exceed 100% of the actual measure cost.
- Licensed contractor must provide new window documentation to include an itemized invoice with the following: total window square footage, u-factor, ratings and cost.
- Only new windows qualify.
- All improvements must be contractor installed to be eligible for rebate consideration.
- Windows are defined by glass and frame.
Equipment is required to be installed by a licensed contractor. Use our online referral tool to find the right contractor for you. We recommend that you obtain several bids for comparison. Ask your contractor to include the following on your final invoice:
- Window square footage or dimensions
- U-factor of each window or state that windows are .29 U-factor or lower
Submit all rebate applications, final contractor invoices (bids and estimates are not accepted), and any supporting documentation (such as the receipt for a self-installed smart thermostat) within 90 days from the date of installation. Submit your rebate online or download the rebate form and once complete, send it—along with your contractor invoice(s) and required documentation—via the following:
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Fax: (509) 777-5784
- Mail: Avista Rebates
PO Box 3727, MSC-15