AeroBarrier program for new construction
Get a money-saving rebate on a game-changing solution.
AeroBarrier is changing the way homes are built with a convenient, cost-effective approach that seals homes in less than three hours - and provides verified, documented results.
Consistently tighter building envelopes
AeroBarrier makes it possible to easily meet or exceed the envelope-sealing requirements of ENERGY STAR, LEED, Washington State Prescriptive Energy Code Option 2 Credits, or Net Zero - more consistently and cost-effectively than traditional methods. With a better envelope, you can meet your state energy requirements while providing more flexibility in appliances, heating system, and domestic water heat fuel choices.
- Fast and easy to apply
- Measurable results
- Cost-effective and air-tight
- Durable, reliable, and safe
More cost-effective than ever
Avista is offering a rebate to help offset the cost of AeroBarrier's cutting-edge technology. The rebate is calculate using the pre-seal ACH(50) value or 5 ACH(50) - whichever is lower - minus the post-ACH(50) value and multiplied by $150 per 1,000 SF of conditioned space.
Do I qualify?
- Primary fuel used for space heating must be Avista provided electric or natural gas service to qualify.
- Request for rebates must be submitted within 90 days of completion of energy efficiency measure.
- The rebates are available for residential single family new construction homes.
- Rebates will be paid on the first 20 qualifying projects per builder during the pilot term (12 months). This initial requirement may be waived to achieve 100 to 300 projects in total in the pilot term.
- Only new seals qualify. Payments cannot be made on projects completed prior to the pilot program star date of April 1st, 2021.
- All seals must be completed by an AeroBarrier contractor to be eligible for rebate consideration.
- Efficiencies for space heating and cooling equipment are verified according to the contractor invoice or Air-Conditioning, Heating, and Refrigeration Institute certifications (AHRI).
- Rebates will not exceed 100% of the actual measure cost.
- Avista reserves the right to verify installation of the energy efficiency measure(s) prior to payment and will coordinate inspection as applicable.
- Avista and/or its agents may, upon reasonable notice, request access to customers' premises after payment, for evaluation and measurement purposes.
- Rebates are paid directly to homeowners unless homeowners authorize payment release to contractors (or if paid directly to new construction developer).
- Allow 4 weeks for processing and payment of rebate checks.
- Builders are responsible for complying with all applicable codes and regulations.
Avista's AeroBarrier rebate is a pilot program and ends March 31, 2022 or after 300 rebates have been issued, whichever comes first.
Completing the rebate
Complete the rebate form and attach legible copies of final itemized invoices, AeroBarrier Seal Certificate, and HVAC documentation for new home. Mail to:
Avista - MSC - 15 AeroBarrier Pilot Program
P.O. Box 3727
Spokane, WA 99220-3727
You may also send an email with all required documentation attached.
You have 90 days from the completion of project to submit a rebate form.