Bidding and Contracting
Step one: Pre-qualify
To be considered for bidding and contracting opportunities, please tell us about your interests and qualifications. Complete a pre-qualification questionnaire (PDF) and email it to us at email@example.com.
How we select bidders
1) A procurement requirement is identified
2) Requests for Proposal (RFPs) are issued to the appropriate bidders list. RFPs are by invitation only.
Avista does not advertise for bids on the procurement of goods or services.
We'll evaluate, and select potential bidders on the basis of:
- Prior experience
- Financial strength
Avista reserves the right to determine the content of its bidders lists. Inclusion of a supplier on any Avista bidders list is not a guarantee on Avista’s part that any contract will be awarded. Avista reserves the right to issue RFPs or requests for quotation to suppliers that have not submitted a pre-qualification questionnaire, at its discretion.
How to bid
To serve our customers and shareholders as best we can, we've set strict criteria.
Before you bid
- You'll be asked to provide a narrative describing your approach, qualifications, and expertise related to the performance of a specific scope of work.
- You must agree to obtain and maintain minimum levels of liability insurance specified in the RFP for the term of the contract.
- You must accept Avista’s standard general contract conditions.
- A cost or pricing proposal in a format specified in the RFP.
- Your best bid, with any exceptions clearly noted.
- Presentation of products and services at prices on par with the current competitive market.
Alternate bids may be submitted but should be made in addition to a base bid which meets the required specification requirements.
How we choose
All proposals are:
- Privately opened
- Considered confidential information
- Considered the property of the bidder and Avista
Evaluation and award will be based on a combination of price and any other factors deemed pertinent by Avista.
Avista reserves the right to reject any and all proposals, to disregard all non-conforming, non-responsive, or conditional proposals and to award any select portion of a proposal or to cancel the contract award at any time for convenience.